Leather is a resource commonly used for making armor. Deer hide (which can be made from a deer), the raw form of leather can be found on Deer Island, which is next to Berry Island and a small rocky island nearby.
This is not so much a recipe as a series of steps. Follow the steps by number.
- Create a 'Hunting Club' or a 'Hunting Bow'.
- Create a 'Skinning Knife'.
- Slay a 'Deer' using your hunting weapon.
- Use your knife on the 'Deer Carcass'.
- Open the craft menu and select the 'Deer Hide', clicking 'Process Ingredients'.
- Wait until the light brown, 'Tanning Hide', turns into dark brown 'Leather'.